6/14/2010

Review of Deep Storm (Mass Market Paperback)

I've been a fan of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child for quite some time now and I've read everything they've ever written. At times I've found their solo efforts to be hit or miss.I didn't care for Utopia, but I thougth Death Match, Tyranosaur Canyon and the Codex were all fine books.

This is my favorite.I don't know if it was the setting or the underlying plot of the whole book, the characters, not knowing who was the good guy or the bad guy or not knowing exactly what was going on till the very end that made this book so good.Perhaps a combination of all those things.

The setting is the bottom of the ocean.Peter Crane is brought into a secret research facility to investigate and find a solution to a series of mysterious illnesses.Once he's down there things get stranger and stranger.The pacing of this book is really excellent, the chapters just fly by, even when there's not any action (which there's plenty of) and as each chapter goes by, Child reveals a little bit more about what's really happening miles beneath the water's surface.

Highly recommended for any Preston and Child fan or people who just love a good, intriguing and smart read!



Click Here to see more reviews about: Deep Storm (Mass Market Paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment