3/03/2010

Review of The Pritikin Edge: 10 Essential Ingredients for a Long and Delicious Life (Hardcover)

I found a lot of helpful information in this book.Heart disease is explained in a clear manner, and this book is an easy read because the author is so darn funny. I have so many favorite lines from this book. I was seriously cracking up while I read the book (and read it in a day off work, btw--very fast read).I do not follow everything to a T--I still salt my food, but I use less salt and I use almost no prepackaged food at all.I do look at sodium content now.I also buy reduced fat cheese, too.Pritikin suggests nonfat cheese, though.I would feel deprived if I followed all of the diet ideas perfectly. Instead, I look at my healthy vegetarian diet through new eyes and see where I can make it healthier, but still satisfying and delicious.My husband appreciated that Pritikin is scientifically based and has so many studies done on it.One caveat--I am not a fan of the recipes.I'd rather not eat than eat awful food!I am very picky, though.And I'm not a fan of fat and sugar substitutes--I say just use less of the real thing!



Click Here to see more reviews about: The Pritikin Edge: 10 Essential Ingredients for a Long and Delicious Life (Hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment