5/15/2010

Review of 8 Weeks to Optimum Health: A Proven Program for Taking Full Advantage of Your Body's Natural Healing Power (Paperback)

In an age when so many Americans rely upon pharmaceutical drugs to cure their ailments, Dr. Weil has suggested a sensible, proactive approach to healing yourself and maintaining excellent health.
I will admit that I'venot been totally successful in incorporating all his suggestions, buteverything here is at least worth a read.Especially notable to most areDr. Weil's recommendations regarding supplements and his dietaryadmonitions.
Initially, I was drawn to this book after seeing Dr. Weilon TV.At first, my critical mind wanted to cast his ideas as folksymumbo-jumbo, with just enough medical rationality to make it seemlegitimate.But the more I listened, the more I became intrigued.Thenext day, I picked up this book, wondering if it could do more for myrecurring stomach problems than what doctors had done for me.
I had beenin pain daily, and had even (wrongly) thought I was having a heart attack(several times).I was saddled with a bevy of drugs and antacids to giverelief of this gastro-intestinal reflux disorder, which is VERY common, andis OFTEN mistaken for heart attack.
Within 2 weeks of ceasing ibuprofenand caffeine intake, and taking a few recommended herbal supplements, I waspain- (and drug-) free:I was even able to eat a spicy Thai dinner with norepurcussions!
Today, I rarely suffer any stomach discomfort, and feelmuch stronger and healthier in general, thanks in large part to this book. It makes so much sense.
I recommend this book to anyone who wants to takean active role in their overall health, rather than just let healthproblems happen to them.



Click Here to see more reviews about: 8 Weeks to Optimum Health: A Proven Program for Taking Full Advantage of Your Body's Natural Healing Power (Paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment