2/11/2010

Review of 7-Day Detox Miracle, Revised 2nd Edition: Revitalize Your Mind and Body with This Safe and Effective Life-Enhancing Program (Paperback)

When I finally admitted to myself recently (at age 44) that I had allowed my body to get 'out of hand'; the first step taken was to get a hold of an authoritative source on Detoxification. Whereas most folks would look for the Quick Weight Loss type of diet, what I was after was a more permanent change in everlasting health.
I was looking for an end to chronic headaches, sore joints, and looking forward to seeing my toes again and being able to simpy bend over and touch them. These were not severe problems...most people would not say I was unhealthy, over even very much overweight. But I was doing it for myself - and my future.
Peter Bennett and Stephen Barrie's book on Detoxification came to me at the right place and at the right time. In this book you get not one, but three no-nonsense and practical approaches to creating a healthy lifestyle.
The scientific explanations are there, but if you don't need or care for reading through the medical jargon - you can skip straight ahead to the layman's explanations.
This is the 'Pep Talk' and motivation that will prevent you from chickening out either due to your own weakness or the pressure of others. Finally, there are tried and true recipes and shopping lists, and even a sample Journal of one woman as she was experiencing the effects of the Detox Programme.
I would like to add my own reflections here so you can sense what its like. The advice from the book is represented in my daily routine. It is flexible enough to be adapted under different conditions.
Here is my Journal Entry:
Me? I'm still on the Juice Fast. Have extended beyond Day 7 because haven't lost enough fat. This is the morning of Day 9.
Today I did my special version of a Non-sauna sweatbath. This is done every morning upon arising.
1. Extreme HOT water on the back for 5 min.
2. Extreme COLD water on the back for 1 min.
Repeat (1) and (2) two more times.
Roll myself up in a thick blanket and sweat heavily for 30 minutes.
Take a final COLD shower with soap to rinse it all off.
-----------------------------
Proceed with daily routine:
Drink HERBAL Tea for breakfast.
Fill up (TWO) 1.5 litre bottles of pure mineral water with the FRESH JUICE of 1 LEMON in each.
Sip the LEMON WATER throughout the day.
I allow myself one meal per day;
1. Steamed BROWN THAI JASMINE RICE with steamed BROCCOLI and CARROTs, 1 raw ONION, and sliced FIRM TOFU. The DRESSING is pure unfiltered APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.
2. Other drinks include a WARM BROTH of powdered SOYBEAN & powdered BROWN RICE, with shredded coconut.
3. Take suppliments twice daily: Daily Multi-Vitamin and Antioxident tablets.
--------------------------
Have NOT had any of the following foods for the past 9 days:
1. No chocolate
2. No coffee, coca-cola, black tea (caffeine)
3. No white sugar
4. No oil
5. No meat
6. No wheat (bread)
This is notable because I have been a notorious 'junk food junkie', snacking out and bindging (I called it 'rewarding myself', HAH!) on fast foods.
Benefits:
1. No headaches. Usually had at least one bad headache per week.
2. Lost weight. How much? Unknown, because I don't weigh myself. But am able to watch the clothes get looser.
3. Joints not as sore; ankles, knees, kneck. More limber. I should be swimming daily but instead my exercise consists of a 20 minute walk to and from the supermarket. On the way back am carrying heavy bags including mineral water. This in essence earns me my meals.
4. Less Appetite. In fact, have not even CRAVED any of the 'bad' foods above.
5. Deeper sleep with more dreams.
6. Less stress, shorter temper
End of Day 9
The bottom line is, when you become TRULY SERIOUS about taking responsibility for your health and begin to live the maxim 'You are what you eat', a book like this will take you down the road to recovery.



Click Here to see more reviews about: 7-Day Detox Miracle, Revised 2nd Edition: Revitalize Your Mind and Body with This Safe and Effective Life-Enhancing Program (Paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment