11/29/2009

Review of Cooking for Harry: A Low-Carbohydrate Novel (Hardcover)

I picked up this book after finishing a thriller, merely looking to read something easy and soothing after a never-ending story. Next time I will be more careful.
The repeated mentions of various food and drinks made me hungry. That was fine as they also presented ideas for scrumptious dinners. The whole story, though, was banal.
I missed it completely that it was titled a "low-carbohydrate" novel. Popular diets especially that stress on low-carb meaning plenty of protein are not my preference. In fact, not one diet regime can be categorized as my favorite.
Consuming food moderately is the best policy but apparently Harry, the troubled main character had a problem doing just that. A lot of people might share his dilemma. A few families might be experiencing the same quandary dealing with obesity. Some individuals might empathize with the family's difficulty. Many spouses might identify with the marriage mess.
Not me; not yet maybe.




Click Here to see more reviews about: Cooking for Harry: A Low-Carbohydrate Novel (Hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment