11/09/2009

Review of The Carbohydrate Addict's Cookbook: 250 All-New Low-Carb Recipes That Will Cut Your Cravings and Keep You Slim for Life (Paperback)

I have been on so many diets in my life--and all they ever did was leave me fatter, crankier, and hating to cook, because of all the weighing, measuring, and special foods I had to fix for me (that no one else wouldeat).I've been following the Hellers' Carbohydrate Addicts LifespanProgram, with wonderful results on all fronts--weight down, cholesterol andtrigylcerides down, energy up, creativity up, and mood soaring (good-bye,Prozac!)--but I was getting tired of fixing the same old "basic"proteins, salads,and vegetables for me and my family.This cookbookmakes cooking FUN again.My husband and kids eat these recipes and don'teven think of them as "Mom's diet food."(Mainly, because theyare NOT diet foods--they are healthy choice foods that control my appetiteand cravings, while allowing my body to release stored fat).Each nighthas become an adventure.I especially like the unusual ways spices areused--allspice in chicken, jalapenos in green beans, for example.Thosewho follow the Hellers' plans do not count calories, fats, carbs, or weighand measure food--so there is no NEED for all this kind of information (assome other reviews suggested).We balance our meals visually, and canenjoy traditional carbs (again, in balance) during a one-hour"Reward" meal each day.This is truly a way of life, and foronce, I am enjoying my life while losing weight.I don't even THINK of theway I eat as dieting anymore.It is just what I do to balance my insulinlevels.And it's nice to no longer hate that daily chore--cooking.ThanksDrs. Heller!I'm so grateful.



Click Here to see more reviews about: The Carbohydrate Addict's Cookbook: 250 All-New Low-Carb Recipes That Will Cut Your Cravings and Keep You Slim for Life (Paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment