1/06/2010

Review of Carbohydrate Addict's Carbohydrate Counter (Paperback)

This book has been a handy reference for us as my son just started using an insulin pump BUT... there is a dangerous error on the cookie page where they list the number of carbohydrates in ONE OREO as 33. The correct number is 8. My son ate three at a picnic recently, and if we had given him insulin to match 99 carbs instead of 24 we would have landed in the emergency room! Fortunately I noticed that listed right below the Oreo entry were entries for Fudge Covered Oreo and Double Stuff Oreo, both of which showed under 10 carbs. Lucky for us it was me doing the looking up, instead of a grandparent or other caregiver who might have simply followed the printed guideline! This misprint is a DANGEROUS error, and makes me question and check everything else I look up.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Carbohydrate Addict's Carbohydrate Counter (Paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment